I wanted to start this blog to share how wonderful and how challenging life as a mom can be! It is so nice to know that your not alone in the struggles you face or even the joys you get to experience as a mom! Hopefully anyone who shares this with me can take comfort in knowing that you are, in fact, not alone and so many other moms can relate to the way you feel...even if they are too afraid to admit it! Let's face it, we all want to raise our children to be wonderful and well respected individuals! The fact is, there was no book of instructions that came with them at birth, and their all born with their own individuality! To achieve that desired result, we must go through a lot of trial and error and learn from the good and bad choices we make along the way! We all make mistakes and that's ok! We all also make brilliant choices sometimes that we don't even see immediate results from, but when we do see the results it's incredibly rewarding!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Back to the world of blogging!

Today, after having a sentimental conversation with my amazing husband, he said the sweetest, most encouraging words to me! He said "You really should blog more!" Then he said "If for nobody else, do it for our daughters so that they will have something to read and look back on to see what an awesome mom your are!" He then came over to me, gave me a huge hug and, with tears in his eyes, said "I hope our girls grow up to be just like you!" I have tears rolling down my face again as I reflect back on that sweet moment we shared earlier this afternoon. It really is a blessing to have a wonderful husband and father like Joe who recognizes the things that are most important! SO...if that isn't motivation to re-join the blogging world...I don't know what is! It's my goal to blog about my crazy life at least once a week! This has been a crazy year for me, my hubby and 4 kiddos!

We chose to homeschool our two oldest kids this school year for a variety of reasons, but probably not for the reasons that most choose to homeschool. We were not, in any way, trying to shelter our kids from anything. We just thought this past year was going to be more of a transitional year for us and that we would possibly be moving out of state this summer. With us moving away from their previous school last year, we thought we would just homeschool them for a year so they wouldn't have so many transitions to make! We really thought it couldn't be too hard and might actually be a lot of fun! Well....it worked...kinda...for the first 1/2 of the year! We have struggled SO MUCH this last half of the year. We did join a wonderful local homeschool group that we got to meet w/ on most Thursdays for a couple of enrichment classes! The kids really enjoyed that! However, the kids have been very eager to end homeschool and go back to school in the fall! We still have plans to move out of state, but have delayed those plans one more year. The kids don't seem to be at all phased by the fact that they will be going to a new school for just a year before we move to a new state and they start up again at another new school. We have faith that it will all work out just fine! We, honestly, are relieved to have the kids go back to school. With our two youngest being the ages that they are and competing for attention most of the time it has been very challenging to stay on task...to say the least! It will be helpful to have the two oldest at school and our 3 year old in Preschool! She is very excited to get to go to school too!

I have to say, I have SO MUCH respect for the women who have 4+ kids and have been homeschooling for years! As much as I adore my kids and have always loved working with kids, homeschooling my own just hasn't worked out so great! I recently made the comment to my husband "I love being with my kids and feel so blessed that I can be with them and never have to leave them with anyone, but I am not Suzi Homemaker who LOVES to be at home baking, cleaning and doing crafts all the time! I have to try to stop pretending I am because that's who I think I should be and just accept that I like to go out and do fun things...not stay at home!" Unfortunately that also requires a little more money and can also require a lot more patients when dealing w/ my 4 kids in public places! I would actually love to have a job of my own and make a little bit of my own money...but would have to make a ton of money to be able to afford putting my kids in childcare...something I have never wanted to have to do. I have applied and interviewed to work as a preschool teacher at the preschool that my daughter will be attending in the fall (same preschool both of our oldest also attended). Apparently there were a number of applicants for one teaching position...fingers crossed! I will know something by Tuesday hopefully! It would be a wonderful opportunity to be able to work with kids in a fun and structured environment and have my own little significant role outside the home! That is something that is really helpful to me and it would also give me an opportunity to contribute to our household income a little bit.

As we wrap up our final month of homeschooling we have a lot of fun things planned for the month. I look forward to blogging about the adventures we have ahead of us this month and just how eventful a simple outing can be w/ our crew! Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment